Thursday, August 18, 2011

FIRST POST!

HEY EVERYONE!


So I'm starting this blog to celebrate my six week journey to .... wouldn't you like to know....

One of my inspirations kept a blog about her journey, and actually printed it into a book! It was so fun to read and know someone went through EVERYTHING I'm going through right now, I figured I might as well write in case any one ever feels like reading about my time.
I won't lie though. I have a feeling this blog will be slightly more dramatic than hers was because the drama's already begun. I figure though, that if i keep writing and using this blog to not only keep you updated, but have a way to vent and get my frustrations and triumphs out here I'll be able to push through to the end and finish off strong and successful and not only will I be proud of myself, but I'll have record that I did something hard. This will hopefully end up printed too so my kids will be able to read and understand what a great accomplishment it is to FINISH something crazy.

My motto through all this is: I can do hard things.


The story behind that is, once upon a time I attended an LDS Pioneer Trek, which PS, was an amazing experience, but so killer hard. It was so physically and spiritually challenging and uplifting to pull handcarts through that beautiful Wyoming trail and I left with a HUGE appreciation for pioneers.
One night though before we went to sleep we had a meeting where one of our leaders told us about how "this trek is only a 3 day physical challenge. But in your life, you will have so many challenges of all forms and its up to you to tackle them. You can do hard things."
That's when I adopted that motto.

People, in this blog, I will account one of the hardest physical challenges I have yet experienced... NO READERS, NOT PREGNANCY. You can't have a baby in 6 weeks so forget that. (For all you who didn't figure it out, EVERYONE's like-OH ITS A BABY OR SOMETHIN?)

This journey will, and has already tested me mentally and physically. In all honestly, the physical challenge is SUPER hard, but the mental is where I might have the hardest time in all of this.
I've already face lectures and "don't do this stuff"'s from way too many. My blogging inspiration reminded me that in all this, I will not only accomplish something big, but i will find out who my "real friends" are. So right now, I want to thank those who have already proven to be my best friends in all this.
Angie, my best friend and sister,Mom, Dad, Jamie, La,  Ali. Sorry If i missed anyone. Know i appreciate your support too!
Thank you for all your support in asking me how this diet's going and continuously being so nice to me and seeing the big picture in this all. I love you all.

Until next time! I'll post pics too, cause I simply LOVE PICTURES!!

1 comment:

  1. I could not be more proud of my little sista.. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete