Friday, August 19, 2011

Background Information

When I began my unofficial journey back in January I started a weight loss program built by my favorite fitness pro, my dad. He LIVES to study how to work the body to get any result and I accredit most of my knowledge and weight loss to my dad! He's my fitness hero!
So we started figuring out what kind of work outs along with my, back then, 12 Zumba classes a week would get me to lose fat and lose weight, and gain muscle by my goal of June 1st. (New Years Res)
I added strength training and started including a bit more protein to my diet but besides that nothing too crazy.
More REPS, LESS WEIGHT.
I also started attending some group fit classes at 24, like Les Mills Body Pump which STILL kicks my butt.

I don't have any VERY beginning pics, but if you check out these pictures you can totally see I NEEDED to start working out.
Starting Point
Fat Percent:24%
Weight:163
Look at that face... Look at those arms and tummy and luvs... I was too embarrassed of my legs to take off that lil swim skirt so that goes to show I really didn't have any love for myself.. haha


In about March is when I really started seeing results. I started leaning down and got to ...
Fat Percent:19%
Weight: 145




To NOW
Body Fat:16.2
Weight:122


For those of you who follow me on Facebook or my Zumba blog, you've already seen these photos so I apologize that you're really reading nothing new, haha but I want to let you all know that there was no magic pill, no expensive drink or surgery..(I wish.. haha) 
Only straight up work. Zumba, Weight Training, some Insanity. 
No crazy diets or FAD DIET. Just following the Food Pyramid and eating as many calories as I burn with my occasional Cold Stone and Panda Express. Haha the only BIG secret is CONSISTENCY. That is key.

After all this though my new goal is set for September 24th so WISH ME LUCK! SIX WEEKS!

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome girl! Keep at it! My ideal body fat percentage is at about 18. I'm about 23-24ish right now. I started at 28 and 135 at the beginning of the year and I'm now 120, wanting to keep losing till i get around 112-115. You look so awesome and are such an inspiration! I hope I see you soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete